Construction Related Noise

If you are performing construction on your home or as part of a project build in the town, you must abide by the Town of New Tecumseth's Noise Control By-law. Schedule B provides information on permitted times for construction activity and Schedule C provides activities that are exempted from the by-law.

You must inform the Town of your expected times of construction through the permitting process of any new build.

If you are hearing construction related noise that is causing a nuisance beyond the permitted times of construction, you can make a complaint to our Municipal Law Enforcement.

Noise by-law exemption

You can apply for a Noise Control By-law Exemption. Submit your completed form to the Clerks Department at the Town Administration Centre.