If you plan on playing recorded or live music at your public event or gathering at a Town of New Tecumseth facility, you will need to get licences from the Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN) and Re:Sound.

We will add this additional fee for this licence to our rental agreements.

The SOCAN and Re:Sound licences are certified by the Copyright Board of Canada and give you permission to play copyrighted musical pieces from anywhere in the world.

To learn more about the SOCAN fee, visit the SOCAN website. To learn more about the Re:Sound fee, visit the Re:Sound website.

Please let us know if you plan on playing music when booking your space and we will provide you with more information about obtaining your licence.