Where Do I Vote?

Option 1: Internet Voting

Vote from anywhere, at any time.

Voting is accessible from any device with an internet connection, including computers, smartphones, and tablets. 

Voting Opens: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 10:00am

Voting Closes: Monday, October 24, 2022 at 8:00pm

Starting on October 11, 2022 at 10:00am, you can vote online using the URL listed on your Voter Letter.

You will be asked to enter your unique Voter ID and PIN (also listed on your Voter Letter). You will also be required to enter your year of birth to verify your identity.

Vote Online

Online voting troubleshooting tips

Option 2: In Person Voting (Paper Ballot)

Advanced Voting Locations

Date / TimeWardsLocation


October 13, 2022

10:00am - 8:00pm

All Wards

Beeton Memorial Arena

22 Second St

Beeton, ON


October 15, 2022

10:00am - 4:00pm

All Wards

Alliston Memorial Arena

49 Nelson St. W.

Alliston, ON


October 19, 2022

10:00am - 8:00pm

All Wards

Tottenham Community &
Fitness Centre

139 Queen St. N.

Tottenham, ON

 Election Day (October 24)


Alliston Union Public School

211 Church St N.

Alliston, ON

Ward 1 10:00 am - 8:00 pm 

Ernest Cumberland Elementary School

160 8th Ave.

Alliston, ON

Ward 2 10:00 am - 8:00 pm 

Banting Memorial High School

203 Victoria St E.

Alliston, ON

Ward 3 10:00 am - 8:00 pm

Nottawasaga Inn

6015 Highway 89

Alliston, ON

Wards 4 & 5 10:00 am - 8:00 pm

Tecumseth Beeton Elementary School

43 Patterson St. N.

Beeton, ON

Ward 6 10:00 am - 8:00 pm

Tottenham Community and Fitness Centre

139 Queen St. N.

Tottenham, ON

Wards 7 & 8 10:00 am - 8:00 pm

 Please note: If voting on Monday, October 24, 2022 you MUST vote at your ward specific voting location. Voters who show up at the incorrect voting location will be redirected.


Voter Registration

To confirm if you are on the Voter's List, please click here

To add yourself to the Voter's List, please click here. You will need to upload a copy of acceptable identification to show proof of identity and qualifying address in the Town of New Tecumseth.

You can submit a scanned document or a photo from your phone of the acceptable identification.

You can also complete and submit a form to have Town staff amend or correct your information, or to have  an elector removed from the voter's list.  Please note: you must download the form to your computer and fill it out in order to submit it.

 List of acceptable voter identification

What Ward am I in?

To determine what ward you live in, visit the New Tecumseth Ward Search.

Voter Accessibility

Due to a vendor issue, outside of the Town’s control, sip and puff and paddles will not be available during the advance voting period. The Town will have the Audio Tactile Interface (ATI) available to assist voters, if needed.


2022 Municipal Election Accessibility Plan

How is a Voter's school support determined?

There are four school boards in the Town of New Tecumseth:

  • English Public - (Simcoe County District School Board)
  • French Public - (Conseil scolaire Viamonde)
  • English Separate - (Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board)
  • French Separate - (Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud Mon Avenir)

The support for the school portion of your property taxes automatically defaults to the English Public school board.

To verify which school board you currently support, you can check the assessment section of your tax bill or your property assessment notice. Tenants can check here.

In order to change your support to another school board, you must contact the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) at 1-866-296-MPAC (6722) or fill out the application for direction of school support found on their website.

To be a supporter of the English or French Separate school boards, you must be a Roman Catholic.  To be a supporter of a French school board, you must be a French–language rights holder. For more details please visit the MPAC School Support website.

School board support can also be changed by amending the voter's list. Please contact Town Hall for more information.

When is Election Day?

October 24, 2022

How can I vote?

For the 2022 Municipal and School Board election, New Tecumseth voters can cast their ballot in person at their assigned polling station, or electronically (internet voting). For more details, refer to the "Where can I vote?" heading on this page.


Back to the Elections Page



All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996. This information will be used for election purposes. Questions about the collection of personal information should be directed to the Clerk / Director of Administrative Services.